It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Joshua Tree Camping Trip! 
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Post Joshua Tree Camping Trip! April 28th, 2010, 7:59 am
Hey everyone,

Some of the girls and I were talking about wanting to go camping in Joshua Tree (Jumbo Rock) before it gets too hot. We were thinking that May 28-30th sounded good. We'll plan to leave about 6 or 630 on Friday evening, drive out there and stay till Sunday sometime. If Heather and Nick go, they will probably leave Saturday evening. Anyone else interested in leaving that day could probably drive home with them.

So who wants to go?!

60w light bulb

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! April 28th, 2010, 1:41 pm
I do, I do!! I wouldn't be able to leave until 6:30ish cause I don't get off work until 6pm. I will double check my calendar but it should be good. I can't wait to climb some giant rocks!! Last time was soooo much fun!

60w light bulb

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! April 28th, 2010, 2:03 pm
I'm up for it! I've been dying to go camping, and there's no better way to relieve stress than hiking and rock climbing.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! April 28th, 2010, 9:10 pm
thats my berfday

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! April 29th, 2010, 7:06 am
Eric, is a camping trip on your birthday a bad thing? I couldn't tell by your post. Do you want to go or do something else that weekend instead?

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 2nd, 2010, 7:56 am
No, it was not intended in a bad way. Sorry it was just blank statement, I do not mind if you all end up going camping on my birthday weekend. I have work on the 29th so I wouldnt be able to go anywho.

Experianced Animal Trainer

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 2nd, 2010, 5:44 pm
F you guys. I want to go camping.

Demolitions Novice

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 2nd, 2010, 7:21 pm
get back to california! camping! world cup 2010!!!!! *swearing swears*!!!!

100w light bulb

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 3rd, 2010, 12:13 am
Reasons Ian needs to come back for the summer:
1. World Cup 2010
2. Camping
3. Stick Dodge

n00b

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 6th, 2010, 7:42 am
My friends just came back from Joshua Tree. They got high on shrooms and didn't leave their car for 8 Hours.

Profile WWW
60w light bulb

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 6th, 2010, 9:35 am
Ha! not sure we'll have any shrooms...but maybe there will be some awesome hallucinations from sun stroke? One can only hope. Yeah for another adventure! Also- are we going to sleep out under the stars...or are Nick and Heather bringing the motor home? I have a tent that sleeps 4, and I'm sure I can ask my dad to use our HUGE 12 person tent if need be.

60w light bulb

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 14th, 2010, 7:20 am
Awesome!! I'm so happy that so many of us are going. This is going to be great. I am going to bring the awnings that I have so we will have some shade!!! Very important. I think I can ask to borrow some more camping chairs too...two of mine are already at Thomas' (thanks for finding those by the way) and I think mom has maybe three or four more.

Maybe we should talk a little about who's going to drive down. We know that Heather and Nick or going with Patrick and Tiffany, that's four in the "early-bird" car. I think that we will need at least two more cars.

Bethany: I don't think that there is going to be a motor home going with us. We're just going to sleep in tents. I have one, Megan is going to buy one and you have one (maybe two) so I think we'll be fine for sleeping.

I can't wait! Hehe

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 14th, 2010, 7:38 am
After reading the last few posts, I see that there are a few things to clear up before the planning continues.

First of all, Nick and Heather have not said that they are going or not going. We cannot assume that they are going and that they want to drive. So let's hold off on that part for a bit until we hear something from the Love's. For Tiffany and Patrick, since you wanted to come back Saturday, you should either talk with the Love's directly or consider driving yourselves.

Second, there will definitely not be a motor home involved. We are going to be camping for reals, in tents only. Thomas and I will be buying one, hopefully an 8 person tent. Jessica is bringing hers, which if I am remembering correctly is a 4 person tent. And Bethany expressed that she has a few tent options she could bring too. I think we will have plenty of tents and sleeping spaces between the three of us.

Third, Thomas and I would be happy to drive one or even two cars. If we need more than that or if someone else would prefer to drive, let us know.

We do need to get a solid headcount in pretty soon. Here's what we have so far, at least I think so, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thomas - Yes
Megan - Yes
Steve - ??
Jessica - Yes
Bethany - Yes
Corey - ??
Natalie - ??
Eric - No
Nick - ??
Heather - ??
Nicole - ??
Tiffany - Yes
Patrick - Yes

For those of you who have ?? next to your name, let us know if you are going, thinking or going, or a definite no.

Thanks everyone. I'm really looking forward to this trip!

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 14th, 2010, 6:05 pm
you are correct with my negative!

Demolitions Novice

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 16th, 2010, 10:04 pm
leaning towards yes, but we'll see.

Knows a thing or two!

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 17th, 2010, 10:29 am
I'm leaning toward a yes too. I'll let you know for sure soon.

60w light bulb

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 18th, 2010, 10:00 am
Hey sorry for the late notice, but Nick and I aren't going. It will be the week before finals for Nick. Sorry guys, but have lots of fun!

60w light bulb

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 22nd, 2010, 12:20 am
I'm feeling stuck between a rock and a had place at the moment. My aunt just called me and said that my whole family is planning to go to Glamis for Memorial Day weekend, and that they really want me to come. I told her I'd get back to her...because I kind of already said I would go to Joshua Tree with the gang....BUT...I feel guilty not going with them cause couldn't make the last trip they did in Januay because of school. Like I said, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. So Megan, I'm thinking you should count me as a "?" for right now to be on the safe side.

60w light bulb

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 22nd, 2010, 8:23 am
So far we only have three definite "yes" people going. I thought this would be fun for everyone to go, get a big group. So, I'm thinking that maybe we should switch the trip to a different weekend? Doing so would mean Nick would be done with Finals, Bethany wouldn't have to choose between friends and family, Eric could maybe have enough time to give notice to take off work (if he wanted) and here's the best part: Ian might be back by then and he could go. (The info I heard about Ian is that he is coming back for a little bit.)

So what do you think everyone? Move the trip? Would that work better for everyone?

Megan and Thomas: I know that this sounds like a cancellation but I have no problem going camping more than once. I would still love to go camping this coming weekend! And then we can also go camping again on a different weekend when more people can go! The more trips the better!! Hehe

Post Re: Joshua Tree Camping Trip! May 22nd, 2010, 4:25 pm
I am in complete agreement with Jessica. I've actually really been struggling with the idea of this trip. I'm so excited to go and have really been looking forward to it but this month has been relaly busy, stressful, and tiring for me and I could really use a weekend to relax.

Let's cancel it and make a point to go another time.