[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
X-INfERNO.com - View topic - Printer Drama
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Printer Drama 
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Post Printer Drama November 9th, 2009, 3:52 pm
As some of you know I always complain about my printer, it pretty much sucks. So here's some generic printer questions and such!

First off: If anyone knows where to get a decent printer for cheap, please let me know. I think it'd be nice for my mom to have a printer, since she does like to look at random stuff but I don't think it'd need to be anything super fancy.

Second: We had an old printer, HP PhotoSmart 1100 (I think), I tried installing and updating drivers (but we didn't have the install CD) the thing online I found would try to update, but it could never connect the printer to the computer (I was using a USB connection cable). While looking over the read-me file I noticed it mentioned the printer may have some problems with Windows 2000 / XP and newer. Is there a way around this, or if a printer is so old will it just not work with the newer OS's?

Third (Finally): My old printer, in my eyes, is a lost cause. It's the one I bought to get through college, and it worked somewhat. It's the HP Deskjet D4260 that Thomas and I bought from office depot oh so long ago. However it has a few problems and I'm not even sure if the ink is still good in it. General questions for this one:
-Can I check if an ink cartridge has ink, if the printer doesn't work? If so how?
-Does printer ink go bad? It has probably been about a year (or more) since I last used it, so that could be one issue.
-Does anyone want the printer (I'm looking at you Patrick, you love to fix things). The main problem it has is when it pulls in a piece of paper, after about 3 seconds it attempts to turn the paper at a 90 degree angle, thus jamming the printer and eatting the paper.
-If it does have ink, there's something wrong with the printer itself also. Even if I can guide the paper in (which works like 50% of the time) then it sounds like it's printing, but the paper comes out blank.

What a strange game, the only winning move is not to play.

Post Re: Printer Drama November 10th, 2009, 1:00 pm
With Craigslist I worry about getting more printers that don't work, or can't update with my system or something.

As far as clearance goes, that's what I'm hoping. I don't need a super fancy, 200 lbs. printer like Thomas has, but something nice and cheap that can print (doesn't even have to be color) would be nice!

Site Admin

Post Re: Printer Drama November 13th, 2009, 4:14 pm
if i run across any printers that are of the "free" variety i will let you know.

[EDIT]
hmmm i might have one for you....it is black and white but rather nice.
[/EDIT]

Profile YIM WWW
Hungry like a wolf

Post Re: Printer Drama November 14th, 2009, 4:46 am
Black Friday! DEALS DEALS DEALS!

Post Re: Printer Drama November 15th, 2009, 6:19 pm
I work black friday =( During the day, but still, might not be so fun.

As for free printers, just let me know Patrick. I'd be happy to trade you all the broken printers you can carry, for one working black and white =)

Experianced Animal Trainer

Post Re: Printer Drama November 18th, 2009, 9:30 am
I gots an old printer (and hopefully the drivers). You gotta come to Texas to get it though!

Post Re: Printer Drama November 18th, 2009, 11:49 am
No Wai, you gotta come here! Riverside is WAY cooler than Texas

Hungry like a wolf

Post Re: Printer Drama November 18th, 2009, 12:42 pm
I'm going to Texas next week!!!

60w light bulb

Post Re: Printer Drama November 19th, 2009, 1:20 pm
I want to go to Texas! Hehe :D

Experianced Animal Trainer

Post Re: Printer Drama November 20th, 2009, 7:31 pm
Hit me up!

Post Re: Printer Drama November 21st, 2009, 7:20 pm
Today, I was over at my mom's helping her clean out the garage. And what did I find? A PRINTER! That works!

Post Re: Printer Drama November 30th, 2009, 1:34 am
I will still gladly take your printer Megan, and I still have multiple broken printers if anyone wants to play with them (Looking at you Patrick!)

However my Mom bought a black Friday printer, so our immediate printer need situation has disappeared. Thanks for all the help guys!

Site Admin

Post Re: Printer Drama November 30th, 2009, 3:12 pm
lest i remember you have an old laserjet printer? those are extremely useful to me.

anything that uses ink though i can't use.

Profile YIM WWW