[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
X-INfERNO.com - View topic - Web 2.0
It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Web 2.0 
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Post Web 2.0 October 12th, 2008, 1:36 pm
Everyday new websites are created. Most are pathetic and lack real interest but some are new and cool.

This is where we should post cool new websites (and etc) we discover.

I'll start.

Websites:

[EDIT]
you've been link-a-fied!!
-MrBurritoMan
[/EDIT]

Texting:
ChaCha: 242242, you can ask any question, silly or serious, and someone will respond to you with in a few minutes.
Google: 46645, you can get directions, weather, movie times and more

Last edited by Megs on October 13th, 2008, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Re: Web 2.0 October 12th, 2008, 11:36 pm
i found this to be very informative: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0

it lists some criteria for defining the new web 2.0 sites and how they rank as far as the new "standard" goes.

as far as my personal view of the whole evolution of the internet; web 2.0 basically means more websites that make the internet superior than their "analog" counterparts. a good example of this is . a site, for those who haven't used it, that allows you to look up business phone numbers, addresses, directions and even satellite images of most anywhere in the world (including countries that let google list their stuff).

think about what the internet was before people figured out how useful it could be. more often than naught it was message boards for people to compare the pros/cons of captain kirk and picard (not that such things aren't useful ;)) as well as websites that people would create for their dog just because they can. i even remember some websites consisting entirely of dancing hamster GIF images. now we have news organizations and businesses that exist solely on the internet providing access to a world wide audience/market. i think that this is the real evolution of the internet. greater and greater numbers of people have finally realized that the internet is no longer a time waster but a possible job or source of income. look at ebay for example , an entire site that is dedicated to selling your junk to another person at a commanding price. we have all heard about the amazing things that people have sold. that, in my opinion, is an example of the real evolution of the internet.

Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Web 2.0 October 13th, 2008, 1:52 pm
More...

http://reader.google.com
---If you read blogs or frequent certain photo or articled sites, you can set up google reader to track them for you. Then you go to google reader and it shows all of the updated posts, and you don't have to visit each site. I have over 30 websites I track, including joystiq and revision3.

http://rososo.com
---This is very similar to Google Reader, but instead of seeing the actual posts, it lets you know if the website has been updated and then you can click the link to see he actual website.

Since I mentioned Joystiq and Revision3, I guess I should tell you about those too.

Both of these websites I heard about from Thomas, so he gets the credit.

www.joystiq.com
---This website is like news for video games and everything included with them. Super informative and fun, and lots of creative and interesting stories too.

www.revision3.com
---This website is a mix of a lot of things. Mostly exciting for the podcasts that they create. My favorite is called PopSiren (it's basically gilr geekness information). It was through them that I heard about Rososo and new music too. Thomas loves Systm, which as far as I know, talks about computers inside and out and all sorts of fun electronic stuff.

Check them out, and update with your own cool websites.

Post Re: Web 2.0 October 14th, 2008, 11:40 am
Tech stuff!

http://www.technorati.com/
--I think that Patrick and Thomas will like this the most. This website has new tech stuff for all sorts of topics; sports, business, etc.

Like it, Enjoy it, Love it!

Post Re: Web 2.0 October 16th, 2008, 10:53 pm
Okay, first off. Why the heck is no one else posting here? I know you all spend countless hours online, roaming the interwebs, and you have nothing to show for it. Sad sad sad.

Well I found another fun tool:

http://www.instapaper.com
--This website is so cool. Let's say you have a bunch of browser tabs open and you don't have time to read them right now, then you can send them to instapaper and they'll save the link. It helps against accidentally clicking close and losing the fun stuff forever.
--I bet that this would be great for research papers, and such, too. So that you can save all the websites you want to look at for later and not have to keep all of your tabs open.

Another:

If you like podcasts, which I know some of you do, you should check out 'Best of Youtube.' Super funny, there are like 300 something already and a new one gets put up everyday.
--BTW, Patrick, please do not post all 300 something of them in the Funny Video Archive, I'll never be able to watch them all. LOL

Site Admin

Post Re: Web 2.0 October 16th, 2008, 11:53 pm
um.... yeah, gotta change some stuff.....:)

Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Web 2.0 October 17th, 2008, 12:18 am
STUMBLEUPON.COM!!!

You have to check this out. It adds a toolbar below bookmarks on firefox and then you can rate the websites you go to. You also pick topics of interest and then 'stumble' and you can find more cool stuff.

I don't care if you like it or not. I'm in LOVE!

Post Re: Web 2.0 October 17th, 2008, 4:24 pm
This one is especially for Steve.

http://www.musicovery.com
It's not from the US, so you have to choose UK for language.
You start by picking what genre(s) of music to include in this "search." Then you pick a point any where on a spectrum (negative to positive, energetic to calm) and it finds a variety of music that fits your criteria. As you'll see, the tunes are linked together base on how alike they are and the color coding goes with the type of music it is.

Another one very similar is...
http://www.music-map.com/
--Type in one of your favorite bands, and it will find music that is like your pick. It will show what others liked related to your search. It's cool and hard to explain, just try.

Try it, Enjoy it, LOVE it!

75w light bulb

Post Re: Web 2.0 October 30th, 2008, 6:43 pm
Those music websites are really cool. I put in my preferences and it kept picking good songs.

Lion Chew Toy

Post Re: Web 2.0 November 10th, 2008, 12:45 pm
My favorite website of all time:

http://doesthemailruntoday.com/

100w light bulb

Post Re: Web 2.0 November 11th, 2008, 6:53 am
bwahaha that's awesome

Demolitions Novice

Post Re: Web 2.0 November 11th, 2008, 1:34 pm
the mail does not run today! it's veteran's day!

75w light bulb

Post Re: Web 2.0 November 12th, 2008, 9:12 pm
But the mail does run today! Yay!