[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
X-INfERNO.com - View topic - Guitars
It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Guitars 
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Post Guitars August 22nd, 2007, 2:24 pm
OK, thomas i know u said u wanted to put LCD's in my guitar. IM all for IT!

but i wanna do one better, Do u think we could build our own guitars? i think we can do it, i found a helpfull website.

if we can still have access to the CC machine at ur moms work, then that would cut down on the hard wood working process on the guitars body for us. For the neck, i was thinking of just buying a neck from like e-bay, no more then $100. electronics you can pick up anywhere and depending on what u want, the price will very.

I think we can do it, and it would be super sweet if x-inferno can go into the guitar market.

PLUS we can throw LCD's all over that crazy guitar we build! the options are limitless!

what u think thomzore?

Site Admin

Post  August 22nd, 2007, 2:46 pm
ooooo sweeeet. if it doesn't cost too much i may be intrested as well. good stuff eric! :twisted:

Profile YIM WWW

Post  August 22nd, 2007, 4:27 pm
im think:

Fully assembled neck: 100
Electronics(ie-pick ups, wireing): 70
Hardware (ie- tuners,nobs,chrome stuff): 50

Guitar Body (depending on type of wood and accessability to CC machine or wood working tools) : 100

GRAND ESTIMATED TOTAL: I say NO MORE then 500. Looking more like 2-3.

PS- I was even thinking of making a guitar out of clear plastic! sooo sick. maybe lexan!?

Site Admin

Post  August 22nd, 2007, 4:34 pm

Profile YIM WWW

Post  August 23rd, 2007, 7:45 pm

this is what i kind of want to create!

Site Admin

Post  August 23rd, 2007, 10:31 pm
i wonder where we might be able to get a giant slab of lexan or plexi to mill out a clear guitar. making your own instrument might be the thing to get me to actually learn how to play it! :P

Profile YIM WWW

Post  August 24th, 2007, 6:57 am
i did some looking.

Site Admin

Post  August 24th, 2007, 1:23 pm
oh man those guitars look SIIIICK! it would be really sweet if we frosted the plexi and put some lights inside the guitar to make it glow!!

Profile YIM WWW

Post  August 24th, 2007, 3:54 pm
very true!!!!!!!!

i was also thinking, theres these guys

they sell a veriety box with end peices and junk. for cheap!

wouldnt it be cool if we peiced em all together into a guitar! it would have a shattered glass effect! and then if we put LED's! oh man! sick!

what u think pat? do think if we pieced em together would it be stricturally sound?

Site Admin

Post  August 24th, 2007, 4:08 pm
it would depend on the exact material that they send us and what type of glue we use to stick it all together. being a mix box of whatever they have left over might be risky because they might send you multiple types of plexi and some don't bond as well as others. i would say if you are going for that effect then you should buy it all from the same place and make sure you get the same type of plastic. then we can cut it up into bits and then glue it back together if thats the effect you want!

Profile YIM WWW

Post  August 24th, 2007, 5:52 pm
if it was bonded together from little pieces, would it work though? would the structure be sound? thats all im concerned for right now, then we can worry about the next step.

so, would it work if pieces were bonded together?

Site Admin

Post  August 24th, 2007, 6:03 pm
well it wouldn't hold as well as you think it might if the pieces are made of slightly different types of plastic.

certain types of plastic require specific glues to bond them together. while all plastics are alike in some way sometimes these glues don't bond with other types of plastic. so in some cases we could run into a problem where some of the pieces would bond really well and others not so much.

this is why you would want to get one type of plastic and then get the appropriate type of glue to bond them. that way you are sure all of the parts would hold equally as well.

Profile YIM WWW

Post  August 24th, 2007, 7:26 pm
so say if we do get a box all with the same type, it could be done?

the way im thinking is, plexi is freakin expensive! especially with the thickness and size we want it. the dimensions for a body blank wuld have to be 22"x14"x2"(hight, witdht, thickness)

i think we are definitly going to have to do some shopping!

Site Admin

Post  August 24th, 2007, 7:32 pm
yeah, if they were all the same type we could definately glue them together. there is a plastics specialty store in riverside on university close to downtown. they might have something we could use.

Profile YIM WWW

Post  August 24th, 2007, 8:31 pm
sooooooooooooo sweet!