[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
X-INfERNO.com - View topic - Clapping songs
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Clapping songs 
Aspiring Villager

Post Clapping songs September 13th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Nicole and I have been discussing for quite some time that happy music tends to have one of two things: clapping or reed pipes. So in honor of these great songs and their musicians I think it is time to make a mix Cd with songs that have clapping in them. Please help us make this Cd possible. The goal is to get around 40+ songs and then pick our 20 or so favorites.

This is what I have so far:
My Best Friends Girl - The Cars
Catch My Disease- Ben Lee (the ultimate clapping song and therefore one that will brighten anyone's day)
Sweet Caroline- Neil Diamond (minor claps but definitely fist pumps!)
Car Wash- Rose Royce (a classic)
Jack and Diane- John Mellencamp (even the music video features hands clapping!)
Lets Go- Kids Incorporated (besides being a good song it has some clapping in the middle)
Faith- George Michael
Hey Ya- Outcast
I want to hold your hand- The Beatles
The Clapping Song- Shirley Ellis
Rapper's Delight- Sugarhill Gang (no actual clapping but the beat makes you clap to it)
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands- unknown

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Post Re: Clapping songs September 14th, 2009, 7:15 am
Yay! You can add The Way I am by Ingrid Michaelson to your list. :-)

60w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs September 14th, 2009, 10:14 am
Too much time on my hands- Styx (one of the greats)

75w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs September 14th, 2009, 2:29 pm
Best idea ever.

Centerfield- John Fogerty
Golden Years- David Bowie
Take the money and run- Steve Miller Band (which also happens to be another one of my favorite things: a song with a story. So double points for that.)

60w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs September 17th, 2009, 3:04 pm
Greatest idea EVER...I want a copy of the CD!!!!!

only can think of these two right now:
"Hurt so good" - John Cougar Mellencamp
"I'll be there for you" - The Rembrants (Friend's theme song)

I will keep my thinking cap on, and my listening ears open for more AWSOME clapping songs!

75w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs September 21st, 2009, 2:41 pm
Simon & Garfunkel- at the zoo
The Contours- Do you love me

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Post Re: Clapping songs September 21st, 2009, 6:09 pm
muse - Uprising

60w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs September 29th, 2009, 10:40 am
weezer- "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To"- love it!

David Bowie- "Space Oddity"(in the end there is an awesome clapping section)

OutKast- "Hey Ya!" I know that's a group favorite

Black Eyed Peas- "Pump It" It sounds like the pulp fiction music with clapping

AND THIS IS MY 69TH POST! OH YA!

Site Admin

Post Re: Clapping songs September 29th, 2009, 11:39 am

Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Clapping songs September 29th, 2009, 12:07 pm

Post Re: Clapping songs September 29th, 2009, 12:08 pm
Beth, it's going to be hard to narrow it down. You might have to make two cds, maybe one with a mellow vibe and another with a dance theme. LOL

Aspiring Villager

Post Re: Clapping songs September 29th, 2009, 2:22 pm
your so right megan! two cds may have to be made... all the songs we have so far are really awesome i hate to cut any.

on another note... nicole and i were discussing the possibility of making a cd with just songs telling stories. so i guess we can start listing some ideas for that cd too.

Throw down your list nico! i know you got some up your sleeve!

60w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs September 30th, 2009, 8:30 am
clapping song: Queen "We will rock you"

60w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs September 30th, 2009, 8:31 am
on that note Story song: Queen " bohemian rhapsody"

Post Re: Clapping songs September 30th, 2009, 9:33 am
Oh Queen, how I adore you. Good additions Heather!

Demolitions Novice

Post Re: Clapping songs September 30th, 2009, 11:01 am
story song: Jimmy Buffet discography, take your pick!

60w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs October 1st, 2009, 5:57 pm

Aspiring Villager

Post Re: Clapping songs October 4th, 2009, 10:14 pm
clapping song: "men in black"

75w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs October 5th, 2009, 2:12 pm
We must have the most extensive list of clapping songs on the internet by now. Good work.

The cars- let's go
Calexico- alone again or (this is some professional clapping, I wouldn't try it at home)
led zeppelin- bron y aur stomp
stealers wheel -stuck in the middle with you

Should we keep thinking of more, stop now and make multiple cds like someone suggested, or stop now pick our favorites somehow and make one ultimate cd?

60w light bulb

Post Re: Clapping songs October 16th, 2009, 10:42 am
The Clash- Rock the Casbah ! woo