[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
X-INfERNO.com - View topic - Halloween Party Plans
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Halloween Party Plans 
60w light bulb

Post Halloween Party Plans September 9th, 2009, 8:40 pm
Hello All,
I know that it might be a little early to be talking about Oct. 31st but it is a good day so why not. Anywho, I was thinking about having a Halloween/Birthday party at my house on Saturday October 31st 2009. There will be a costume contest (complete with a prize for the winner) as well as other awesome Halloween and Birthday games. I am not sure about what time the fun will start, or end for that matter. But as the day gets closer I'm sure that I will have more details. Can't wait, it's going to be fantastic!!!!!

**Pictures added by Thomas 11/3/2009!**

Here are my pics from Jessica's party. Great night!
Realistic photos are out! It's all about the character and unique look of polaroid type snapshots, check these out!

Proof enough, Jason? :D

Bethany, resident costume winner. PURPLE SHIRT!!!

Whack It!!!

You like pictures?
**Awesome pictures complete!**

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 9th, 2009, 9:31 pm
jesus h christ this is friggin early!

Aspiring Villager

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 9th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 10th, 2009, 9:05 am
how is that not nice? im just saying its early.

Lion Chew Toy

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 10th, 2009, 10:59 am

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 10th, 2009, 1:03 pm
I think that planning this early is vital so that we can all come up with AWESOME costumes.

I'm super super super excited.

Btw, to all the ladies, don'tcha just love getting the scoop early at Girl's Night? I do!

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 10th, 2009, 4:17 pm
wow, didnt know we couldn't just comment out loud 'round these parts

Lion Chew Toy

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 11th, 2009, 10:41 am

60w light bulb

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 11th, 2009, 11:13 am
This post is getting better by the minute! I'm excited for halloween plans. Beth a mohawk would be awesome. You could be twiggy! I know that's not super awesome, but it would be an easy one.

75w light bulb

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 11th, 2009, 12:26 pm

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 12th, 2009, 6:34 pm

What a strange game, the only winning move is not to play.

Aspiring Villager

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 12th, 2009, 9:02 pm
being the party planner that i am and one day might be paid for *cross fingers*... i was super excited about the Halloween party! I'm such a nerd for games and most of us are... so i thought over some party game ideas. There are the obvious choices like: bobbing for apples, pumpkin carving contests, and costume contest. All really classic and great! Then i thought about some other ideas, some fresh and new while others may need some work. And Jason will love them because there is Prizes!

1. Guess the scary movie: going off of nicks idea to watch scary movies i decided to incorporate a game into it to make it more fun. The idea is to guess a movie title based on clues. the clues could be given in cryptic movie scene photos, a list of the actors in it, or even quotes from the film. the person or team to guess the movie in the least amount of clues wins. or there could be a point system. The basic idea is like Scene It. and of course i would volunteer to make the game happen and come up with clues for you all.

2. Costume Bingo: this can only be played if you plan on being at a house with trick or treaters. Everyone is given a blank bingo card and they write in various costume ideas and throughout the night you check off the costumes on your bingo card if they show up at the door. a prize to the winner who gets bingo first!

3. Silent Auction: not really original but a good classic and simple to put together. Just have a cool random thing to bid on throughout the night. The item could even be placed in a box where no one knows what they are getting. Jessica, being the hostess, could come up with the item being bid on. The only problem with this idea is Jessica wouldn't be able to participate :( and what would you bid with? maybe there is a way to tweak it... like i could send you guys a mystery package in the mail and you could bid with... *insert idea*

4. Trick/Treat mystery bags: less of a game and more of an idea for the prizes. have a few paper bags with either trick or treat written on them. the winners get to choose a bag with mystery item inside. now most people would go for treat over trick just like most people would choose "truth" over "dare". but i imagine we could come up with a way to make it enticing to pick either. like maybe the trick is a deck of cards to do magic tricks with or a can of silly string. cheap but fun items.

So what do you guys think? i know i might have put way too much thought into this already but i love doing this stuff! Also i wont even be there to enjoy it but im sure its going to be fun!

and to settle the costume idea... i think im for sure going rock star or 30's era. i love the cute little hats they wore! what is everyone else going to be? or is it a surprise? or do you just have no clue and don't care? haha

Hungry like a wolf

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 13th, 2009, 5:35 am
You can't tell people what you're going to be if you're going to have costume bingo! Otherwise you just organize your bingo card on the order people usually show up to a party and BAM, victory!!!!

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 13th, 2009, 7:22 am
Beth. You are incredible! Those ideas are just so darn amazing. And I knew you weren't going to be able to attend, but now I'm even more bummed because we'll be playing your game ideas.

And Steven, The Bingo card isn't for our costumes, it is for little kids costumes. You never know what you're gonna get.

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 13th, 2009, 8:29 am
Dang you Jason, why you gotta call me out like that! good job on figuring out my levels strategy though, i applaud you hahaha (golf clap)

And Beth, wow you do love this kind of stuff...If i ever have a grand party, like P.Diddy white party status i know who i will call to plan it out! ahahah

Hungry like a wolf

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 13th, 2009, 9:38 am

60w light bulb

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans September 30th, 2009, 8:17 pm
Dang, I didn't know that I would get such a response. Sorry for not being "up on it." I really need to work on that.

I am super excited, and thank you Beth for your great ideas, that was amazing. I am bummed that you can't go but we'll take lots of pictures so you can see the happenings and be here in spirit.

I still don't know what I'm going to be either so I don't think that anyone should be worried, we still have time.

I like to plan events out early that way everyone has plenty of notice. I love to plan! Hehe

Nick, as far as movies and bringing stuff: as of right now I don't think that will be necessary but if I think of anything I will be sure to make a post.

Party Update: Not only will this be a Halloween party but also a Birthday party. Since there are two patios at my house I am dividing them into a Birthday side and a Halloween side. There will be specific games for both themes and prizes for some of the Halloween games. This is going to be so much fun and input is always welcome.

60w light bulb

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans October 5th, 2009, 1:04 pm
I would like everyone's input on a couple of things:

1) Should we watch scary movies at the party?
I wasn't planning on watching movies but Nick made the post about it so I was wondering if that is something you guys wanted to do.

2) What time do you guys think would be a good start and end time for the party?
If no one has anything else going on that day or if no one really cares about the starting time then I will take care of it. I just wanted to know if anyone had any prior engagements so they don't miss out on anything.

Thank you!!

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans October 5th, 2009, 2:54 pm
Prior engagements? On your birthday and Halloween? Of course not!

I'm super looking forward to your party. I would have a great time even if all we did was ate too much candy and had lame costumes. LOL That's because friends are great!

60w light bulb

Post Re: Halloween Party Plans October 6th, 2009, 8:56 am
Start the party whenever you want. I was thinking more evening because night makes halloween more scary.

And I'm not one for scary movies, but I can just hide under the a blanket or Nick. lol